Couple and family therapist (provisional) and ministry & workplace coach
- Craig Foster has qualifications in ministry, business, education, and family systems counselling.
- BEc (Macquarie University), Institute of Chartered Accountants (1996),
- BDiv & Dip Min (Moore Theological College, Sydney)
- Dip Ed (Wesley College), MEd (Morling College),
- Advanced Certificate in Bowen Family Systems Theory and Practice
- Craig is a member of the Australian Association of Family Therapy (AAFT)
- Craig is an ordained Anglican minister in the diocese of Sydney
After working in the corporate world as a Chartered Accountants for close a to a decade Craig has spent the past 20 years working in church and Christian school settings. Since 2017 he has been involved part-time with the Family Systems Practice and Institute as a ministry supervisor and coach, chair of the System in Ministry taskforce and in 2020 he became a faculty member of the Family Systems Institute. Craig’s experience as the Senior Chaplain of St Andrews Cathedral School for eight years, his current role as a pastor of Norwest Anglican overseeing pastoral care and his work with the Family Systems Institute has equipped him well for dealing with a broad range of complex issues.
Craig is currently working part-time with the Family Systems Practice as a ministry and workplace coach, provisional couples and family therapist (working towards his qualification as a Clinical Family Therapist with the Australian Association of Family Therapist (AAFT)).
Craig specializes in the following areas:
- conflict resolution in marriage, family and workplace settings
- domestic violence
- relationship challenges
- anger management
- anxiety and stress management
- personal development
- pornography sexual addiction
- leadership effectiveness issues
- team functioning
- congregation dynamics
- ministry stress management and burnout prevention
- ministry role decision making
- theology and its relational application
- tensions in family and ministry interface
Availability and Rates
Wednesdays 1pm – 7pm
Fridays 8am – 11:30am
- $140 per 1-hour session for counselling, workplace consulting work and for ministry coaching
- For team ministry coaching and supervision please visit the FSI, Systems in Ministry webpage
Craig’s Approach in Ministry Coaching
Craig utilizes the wisdom of Bowen family Systems Theory (BFST) in conjunction with the ultimate wisdom of God’s word. He loves to see people growing in their emotional, relational and spiritual maturity at work and at home.