EXPERIENCE & APPROACH
Fiona has over 15 years experience as a Clinical Psychologist working with adults, children, adolescents, young people and parents. She has worked in numerous settings, including research, hospital, community mental health and private practice. The majority of her experience has been working with adolescents, young people and their families who present with anxiety, mood disorders, grief, psychosis, trauma, chronic pain, and emotion dysregulation.
Fiona is interested in assisting adults and young people to improve all aspects of their mental health, wellbeing and relationships. Fiona’s approach is informed by Family Systems Theory and mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Fiona has a special interest in working with the unique challenges related to either being a twin or multiple or parenting multiples (being a parent of multiples herself).
Fiona has found that more sustainable changes for symptomatic children occur when parents are included in the treatment. Therefore, Fiona will always see adolescents with one or both parents, or work exclusively with parents. Fiona has experience working with clients from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds.
CREMORNE OFFICE AVAILABILITY & RATES
$220 per 50min session.
Fiona is an AHPRA registered Clinical Psychologist and clients who have a Mental Health Care Plan from their GP can claim Medicare rebates of up to $129.55/session.
Private Health Rebates are also available (check with your fund).
- Masters of Clinical Psychology (UNSW)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) (UNSW)
- Advanced Certificate in Bowen Family Systems Theory (The Family Systems Institute)
- AHPRA approved supervisor for Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists and Clinical Psychology Registrars
- Member of the Australian Psychology Society (APS)
- Fellow of the Clinical College of the APS
- Member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)
- Member of Australian Association of Family Therapists (AAFT)
AHPRA no: PSY0001270217
Medicare Provider Number: 2780743B
Accredited to use the PARENT HOPE PROJECT & PARENT CONFIDENCE PROJECT, manualised programs.