More of Jenny’s Biography
More of Jenny’s Bio
- Jenny trained as a social worker at University of Sydney in the late 70s (awarded Francis Gillespie prize in medical Social Work).
- Post graduate family therapy training with Relationships Australia. Late 1980s
- Master of Science in Social Work at Columbia University New York (Awarded Deans award for academic & field work excellence). Field work in New York was with Dr Salavdor Minuchin’s family Studies project with homeless families. 1991-2
- Advanced externship in couple and family therapy with Betty Carter at the Family Institute of Westchester New York. 1992-4
- .systemic supervision training at the Tavistock Institute Londaon 1995-6.
Since returning to Australia in the late 90s Jenny has been teaching and supervising numerous programs in family systems approaches. She set up the Family Systems Institute in 2004 (collaborating with Jo Wright). In 2016 the Family systems Practice became distinct from the Institute to enable the training arm of the business to function as a not for profit with a faculty board of directors.
PhD at the UNSW on parent’s experience of their adolescent’s mental health treatment -completed early 2017.