Counselling Social Worker
- Katie is a registered Social Worker with AASW (Australian Association of Social Workers)
- Katie has completed a Masters of Counselling (UNSW), Bachelor of Social Work (ACU) and Bachelor of Arts (UNE).
- Katie has received over five years of supervision and training from senior Bowen family systems therapists at the Family Systems Institute
- Katie is an accredited and experienced facilitator of internationally recognised parenting groups including Tuning into Kids and Circle of Security
- Katie has additional training in cognitive behaviour therapy, trauma focused CBT, acceptance and commitment therapy, grief and loss and trauma recovery
Katie has over eight years of clinical work experience with individuals, couples and families across several respected programs in Sydney. Katie has particular experience and interest in the following areas:
- Parenting stress (including parents having difficulty understanding and responding to their children’s challenging behaviours, family conflict and burn out)
- Child adjustment & anxiety difficulties (Katie is happy to see children with the involvement of parents in treatment)
- Anxiety / depression (including pre- and post-natal experiences of anxiety and/or depression)
- Grief, loss & trauma (including experiences of domestic violence, abuse and neglect, child removal, pregnancy loss and natural disaster).
- Couples (including conflict and communication difficulties)
Katie is based in Greater Western Sydney at her practice space in Yarramundi on Thursdays from 9.30am -3.30pm for face to face consultations.
Katie also offers an online Zoom option on Tuesday evenings @ 7:30pm and on Fridays from 9:30am till 3:30pm, for those unable to travel to her practice.
Offers low fee – $140 (due to no rebates available) for an hour consultation