- Masters of Counselling Social Work (UNSW)
- BA Social Work (UNSW)
- Post-Graduate Diploma of Counselling (ACAP)
- Advanced Certificate in Bowen Family Systems Theory (FSI)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP & REBATES
- Meg is a member of The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Meg is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and can proved Medicare rebates of up to $74.80/session for clients who have a Mental Health Care Plan from their GP
- Private rebates available through Teachers Health, UniHealth, Nurses and Midwives Health & Doctors Health.
EXPERIENCE & APPROACH
Meg has over ten years experience working with families as both a Clinical Social Worker and a couple and family therapist. Meg has worked at The Family Systems Practice since 2013. Prior to this, Meg has also worked in child protection social work; foster care & adoption; and in hospital social work on oncology & respiratory wards. Meg has also done additional training in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT Mindfully, Russ Harris).
Meg provides a calm and neutral space for clients to reflect, think and observe themselves and the way they are approaching their dilemmas and symptoms. As a Family Systems Therapist Meg enjoys supporting her clients to explore the relational context within which their challenges lie. Meg will coach clients to focus on growing their awareness of what is, and isn’t, in their control; with change efforts being focused on self, as opposed to others. Meg is committed to her own ongoing supervision and professional development in order to remain aware of the latest research and developments in the field.
MEG’S CLINICAL INTERESTS
- Relationship issues with individuals, couples & families
- Perinatal Mental Health – pre/post natal depression & anxiety
- Life stage transitions – adolescence, early marriage, work
- Anxiety & Depression
- Couples counselling
- Faith & Spirituality, Christian ministry & burnout
“I found my sessions with Meg particularly useful in helping me to zoom out and gain perspective around the things that were happening in my life that seemed overwhelming. Meg created a safe space to help me process my thoughts and to better understand the important relationships in my life.”
“Meg came recommended to me, and it’s been easy to see why! I starting working with her as I felt that I needed some extra support in one area of my life, but have noticed that what I’ve learnt through my sessions with her has had benefits across all areas of my life! I was able to build a comfortable rapport with Meg early on, and working within the Family Systems Model has been very eye opening for me; I can see the positive impact it’s had on my relationships, not just within but also outside of my family. I think that everyone can benefit from regular counselling sessions, whether there is something in particular that you feel you need to work through or you are looking to maintain your general well-being, and I would highly recommend Meg to support and guide you on this journey!”
AVAILABILITY & RATES
Mondays 1pm – 8:30pm
Thursdays 8:30am – 3:30pm
$200 for 1 hr session. Lower fees for full time students can be negotiated by request.